Welcome to the Gluten-Free Baker’s Bench!
When you think of gluten-free baked goods, what is the first word that comes to mind? For us, it’s “joy” – and we’d love to share that joy with you.
Several years ago we discovered that my husband had a severe reaction to gluten. I bought books, tried flour blends, tested recipes, and learned to enjoy the ways that gluten-free baking can be more fun than traditional baking. What I enjoy the most is giving a gluten-free treat to people who can eat whatever they want and watching them really enjoy it.
I am grateful to the independent shops in Mecklenberg and Union Counties who carry Gluten-Free Baker’s Bench muffins and bars. Our creations are currently available at these locations –
- Alice Jules Coffee House in Monroe, NC
- Cathy’s Coffee Shop in Indian Trail, NC
- Mugs Coffee in Charlotte, NC
- Provisions in Waxhaw, NC (brownies and peanut butter chocolate chip bars)
You can also find us at local markets –
- Saturday mornings – Matthews Community Farmers Market in Matthews, NC
- Mondays from 8 to 10 am – Pop-up market with Good Cup Coffee at TBH Spa in Indian Trail
Many thanks to my family for being my most trusted taste-testers, and to my amazing daughter-in-law, Allie, who created this site. May we enjoy many more years of sharing warm, soft cinnamon rolls, hot mugs of coffee, and peanut butter chocolate chip squares together.